Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 4: Thursday: Health and Well Being

Day 4: Health
So it's Saturday and I'm catching up on this blog.
Today is health and fitness Thursday. This week I worked out Mon-Thur. Something happened to me on Friday and I completely did nothing. Which is never good because turns out working out motivates me to do everything else.

I realized that all the times I started working out before were failing because I tried to do it first thing in the morning before my kids woke up. Which means I tried to wake up at 5:30, before even the sun. I should have realized that that plan was doomed to failure since I'd almost give anything up to have more sleep. If I wake up an hour before I'm supposed to, to do anything, bathroom, handle a crying kid, etc.. I will still go back to sleep. If I wake up 5 mins before I'm supposed to, I will go back to sleep. Sorry, love my sleep.

So trying to force myself to give that up to workout... who was I kidding.
Now, I wake up, get the kids ready for school; breakfast, pack lunches, dressed, hair brushed, ect.. , and then at 9am when they are on the bus, I put a show on for the little kids and go do my workout.
This has been working fantastically. I haven't wanted to give up once. Well, Friday I was just being lazy.

So here's a recap of the workout's I've done. I'm doing the Bodyrock.tv 30 day challenge and I got through week 1. Yea! Go me. If you want to check it out go to their website, but beware it's a lot of T&A. That's how they get people in, but the workouts are actually really good.
Here's what I've done.


Well, don't go thinking I'm all awesome, most of these things I can't even do and have to do an easier version. But I'm trying. I did the fit challenge last Friday and I think that's what kept me from working out this Friday. I didn't to throw off next week. Anyway, I also cheated on my "diet" I'm not really on a diet. I'm just not eating processed foods, or things that didn't come from the earth. But my mom-in-law,(who lives with us) made some cookies and lumpia--which is like a meat egg roll. ugh. They are really good. And I had a couple fun size Snickers, a burger on Friday and pizza on Saturday. Oh well, I'm human and turns out NOT perfect. Who knew?

Next week, Post some new workouts and hopefully some healthy recipes. And hoping not to cheat on my "diet"  so much next week. I made the mistake of going to my moms and had to buy every meal Friday night and Saturday. Better planning next time.

No comments: